Fire truck!

James and I were out this morning on our usual Saturday morning outing.  Coffee, comic book shop, (The Comic Book Shoppe, specifically) and whatever other random errands a required for the day.

Today that included going grocery shopping for a couple of things and swinging by the Centrepointe branch of the library.  Since we were early for the library, I opted to go shopping at the Loblaws at College Square.  We got everything we planned on, then on our way out of the door James announced in his "I'm telling you something I'm looking at right now" voice:  Fire truck!

I did my usual "Fire truck?  You see a fire truck?  Okay" routine then looked around to see where the truck was, expecting it was on a box, or maybe a toy fire truck in the entrance or something.

Nope, a real ladder truck was pulling into the parking lot.  Presumably the guys were out shopping for the fire house.  So after I got our groceries loaded into the car, James and I took a walk over to check out the truck.

The firemen in the truck were awesome.  They turned on the lights for James, the driver got out and came over to talk, they gave him a colouring book and they even offered to let him sit in the truck.  James was pretty interested in the truck, but not so much he was actually willing to let me put him down or get inside it or anything.  He was also too shy to say anything to the firemen except occasionally whisper "fire truck" and "thank you" when I told him to say thank you for the colouring book.  Maybe next time.  The driver laughed at us and said to me "they're all the same, excited until they get up close to the truck then they get scared."

Anyway, the fire truck was pretty much all James could talk about for the rest of the trip out.  It as a pretty great trip out for us both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers