Story Time

These guys make me laugh all the time.  I don't think there's a single day that goes by where at least one of them doesn't do something that makes me laugh out loud.  Today they both managed it.

Daniel wasn't interested in supper -- at least not by his standards -- but when it came time to take him to bed and read his stories he spied the container of watermelon in the fridge and made it abundantly clear that he wanted some. So I took the smaller one out of the fridge and we sat down to eat some.  I knew he was going to make a hellacious mess, so I sat him in his booster seat and belted him in before starting to put pieces in front of him.  The first few barely had time to touch down before he snatched them up in a wide, roundhouse swipe, and jammed them in his mouth.  After he'd consumed a few ounces of watermelon he cooled down a bit and started taking his time with them.  At one point he started smelling each piece before he ate it.  I can understand that, I love the smell of watermelon, but I had to put a stop to it when he decided maybe he'd just cut out the middle step and start stuffing watermelon pieces up his nose.

Soon after that he came up with a new plan.  His tray was covered in watermelon juice, which we all know is the most delicious part, so he did a face-plant on it and started lapping up everything he could get.

Eventually I had him fed, read and in bed and mostly agreeing to try going to sleep.  That's when I started wrangling James up for story time.  We were reading one of our favourites, Too Many Cats, and when we reached one of the eponymous pages he, quite uncharacteristically, didn't want to count the cats.  So I started counting, trying to draw him in.
One ... 
... two ... 
... threeeeee ... 
... James?  Four ... 
... fffffffffffiiiiiiive ... James what comes after five?
He did not miss a beat:
Thirteen!

Comments

  1. That was precious fodder for the camcorder... I know James knew the answer. He's just pulling your leg the best way he can. It's a long leg. Thanks for sharing this little part of your world.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers