The Tunnel

It's been a while.

November and December really got away on me both due to the normal holiday chaos, preparation for my time off work in January and February, and due to the hospitalization and death of my father.  There was a lot going on.

Now I'm starting into my third full week off on parental leave with Daniel and I cannot possibly give this form of therapy a higher recommendation.  It is exhausting, sure, but it is also incredibly restorative to be at home with him all day long.  The transition periods are difficult (going down for a nap, getting up from a nap, getting out to pick up James at daycare, getting supper ready) but the middle bits, just playing on the floor together or attempting to read together or having a meal together, those are bafflingly awesome.

Then, stuff also just happens sometimes and all I can do is marvel at it.  Earlier this week Daniel discovered "The Tunnel".  He was a little unsure about it at first, but once he understood it, he didn't want to come out of it.  We probably spent fifteen minutes just playing with it, but here's what I saw just after he first started to really "get it".


Better still, he even loves it when I practise my guitar, despite how dreadful I am at it.

Comments

  1. The Tunnel Is AWESOME! I wish that I had one when the kids were small. It would be of limited use for me now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty good for Daniel, but I could tell at one point he wanted me to go through the tunnel too and I'm trying to explain to him I can get my head and *maybe* one arm inside it, but no matter how much it deforms, it won't go around my shoulders.

      Too bad, because I'd probably have almost as much fun in it as Daniel does.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers