Reading!

There's a number of posts I have half composed that I'll put up later on, mostly about James at school.  Mainly the reason why I haven't shared these already is that I haven't been able to complete and post them from my phone, where it is most convenient to write one of these up.  The Blogger app is an unutterably loathsome piece of software for which I think it would be reasonable to ask the lead developer to be locked in a pillory in the town square.  It will crash 100% of the time when I attempt to publish a post.  And, of course, the "send report" button appears to be connected here:


Enough of that for now.

The summer is rapidly drawing to a close and after a few hair-cuts using my clippers, it's finally time to start growing my hair out again.  Also, for the last week or so I've really been noticing James' hair getting out of control and him scratching it more.  So it's definitely time to try heading over to our local hair stylist.

This is the same place I've been going to literally since before they opened.  Emil, the owner, turned on the "Open" sign one day a week before they officially opened, I saw it, went in for a cut and after he was done he told me they weren't actually open yet.

The cut was a stunning success.  James had a history of being very uncomfortable getting his hair cut, but today he didn't even need me standing near him and Emil said he was a perfect little customer.

So, some evidence.

Before (from a couple of days ago):


After (okay, trust me, it really is a good cut):


Right, so what's the deal with the title of the post?  On our way into the shop James saw the aforementioned "open" sign.  He stopped and said to me, "Daddy?  That says 'open'!"  I was a little surprised and said, "Yeah, that's right, Buddy, good job!"

Then the good one came.

Inside the shop Emil has a NYC theme going on now, lots of black and white prints of New York with the occasional splash of colour, usually in the form of a colour mask on a print.  In the back there's an image mask of the New York skyline with the words "New York" in all caps.  James looked at it for a moment and then said, "Daddy?  That says 'New York'."

That's a story I have to share.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers