Not to put too fine a point on it.

The light switch in our bathroom has been failing.  Since I've never cared for these switches anyway, I decided to take the opportunity to replace this:

with this:
And since I had James help me when I replaced the light and fan switch in his bathroom with the one that includes the built-in LED nightlight, I convinced him to help me with this project.

Before we started, though, I thought I'd prepare him for what we were going to do.
Me: So, buddy, here's what we're going to do.  We're going to turn off the power, because we're working with electricity and we need to be careful so we don't get a shock or get burned, right? 
James: Right. 
Me: And we're going to be very careful each step of the way so we don't hurt ourselves because we're also going to be working with the wire-cutters and very heavy-gauge wire, right?  And if we're not careful, we might get a cut from the wire. 
James (cheerily): Or a scar! 
Me: Yeah, I suppose, if you get a cut, it might leave a scar.  And we don't want you to get any scars yet, you're still really young. 
James (cheerily): And you're really old!
Thanks, bud.  To his credit, he did back-pedal a bit, he followed up with "But you're not really, really old."  I guess I'll take it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers