So sick

Last Friday night James was pretty sick.  He seemed fine at swimming, tired at supper (but easy to explain because he always goes all out at swimming) and by 11pm he had a fever of 100.7°F.  So that was how last weekend went, James and Christine stuck around the house an I kept Daniel out and amused.

By Tuesday it seemed like business as usual, except by 10am Daniel had a fever and had to come home from daycare.  Daniel's fever didn't last very long, he seemed to be more-or-less himself by late afternoon, but I took Wednesday off and the two of us just hung out for the day.

So in the morning we went out to the Nature Museum in the morning (the biggest hit was the dinosaurs, even though that exhibit doesn't have a play area the way some of the other exhibits do) and in the afternoon we settled down in the theatre to watch a movie.

Partway through the movie Daniel snuggled up to me and started nuzzling my shoulder.  I swear I thought it was the cutest thing ever.  I said "thank you, buddy" and gave him a kiss on the forehead.  That's when he pulled away and I realized there was now something like a tablespoon of snot on my shoulder, trailing all the way to his nose.

And I thanked him for it.

But let's finish on a high note for the Daniel stories.

Later on that afternoon the school emailed us about James, he'd been having a really rough day.  Very tired, not cooperative at all, not interacting with the other kids and so on.  Since I was home with Daniel already I offered to go pick him up.

I explained to Daniel that James wasn't feeling well and that we were going to go pick him up at school.  He seemed bought in to this plan but I had no idea how much.  When James' teacher brought him up to meet us at the door Daniel ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers