The Sun

A genuinely quick one tonight, because, really, every single word I put down here will only diminish the effect.

The week before last I picked James up after school and drove west (this is relevant) to the rec centre where he has his Friday swimming lessons.  It was a sunny day and I made some comment about how the sun was really bright.  James started free-associating based on that.  The sun is a star.  The sun is really bright.  The sun is in our eyes.

Then he hit on it.
James: The sun is like a big, giant eye!
I did not laugh.  At least I don't think I did.  But my mind instantly went somewhere I knew his hadn't.



Since then we've occasionally talked about the sun and he has been regularly associating the sun with being a giant eye in the sky.  Mildly unsettling, but still hilarious.

Then I found this picture he drew today in school:

Strikingly similar to but (I hope) legally distinct from...
This is absolutely going on the wall of my office where every time I turn on my web-cam for a meeting, I know it'll be seen.  After it leaves the fridge, because he's still very proud of it.  Obviously I am too.

Can't help wondering what they're teaching him at that school, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers