Back to School


Yup.  Back to school day for James.  First day of senior kindergarten.  I was golfing today, so I got home late, but James was, of course, still awake, so I went in to his room to hear about his day.

Me: Hey buddy, did you have a good day at school today? James: Yeah. 
Me: Are your teachers nice? 
James: Yeah. 
Me: Do you like your class? 
James (considering): Not everyone shares. 
Me: Oh really? 
James (brightening): Yeah!  But at daycare we share. 
Me: That's right. But, y'know, not everyone at school goes to daycare, so they're probably not all good at sharing yet. But they will be. 
James: Martin doesn't share. 
Me: Give him time, I bet he'll learn to share. 
James (happy now): But Noah shares!  I love him! He says bathroom words and makes me laugh! 
Me (chuckling a little): Oh yeah? 
James: YEAH! He says "poop" and "pee" and "toilet" and "chocolate tornado"...

For the record, James continued listing off Noah's repertoire, but I couldn't hear anything over the noise of my internal monologue:  "Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh, for God's sake don't laugh at that."

I could never be a teacher.

Comments

  1. Hey Joe, you handled that like a pro. Always best not to make a big deal of that last revelation, heh. lol... I'm sure kindergarten and elementary school teacher have heard it all.
    I'm so glad James had a good time at Senior Kindergarten and I'm proud of him that he put great value on sharing. He's a great kid and you guys are doing such a good job.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia



    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant "teachers"
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers