Delicate Things (pt1)

We have a lot of stuff come home from school and daycare.  Every parent does, of course, and we save most of it.  A lot of it lands on the walls of my office at home and at work, occasionally getting rotated out for something new, but most of it is never seen by anyone except us and quickly finds its way into the totes where we're keeping the stuff.  That doesn't feel like the right thing to do with these pieces of art.  Particularly since most of them, as the title suggests, are pretty delicate and if they're particularly attractive to the boys, they don't last long.

So I think I'm going to start taking photos of some of them, get the stories associated with them when they come home, and post them here.  I wish I'd done that with James' robot he made last year.  It's still downstairs by the bar, but I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of what he's told me about it.  Part 2 might have it and whatever I can recall about it.

Part one, though.


The one that inspired this particular activity.  James has been making puppets at school lately and this poor ol' guy came home and I just had to do something to preserve him.  James said his name is Bob.  Bob used to have two ears, two eyes and two cheeks and he had two tiger friends at school, but then two other puppets named Gerald and Piggy came along and that's when Bob lost his parts and became all crazy.


This is James' robot puppet (not the one from last year).  His name is Jim (unclear if there's any relation at this point).  He dyed his hair orange, has invisible arms and one of them is big and one is little, like James (he made sure I understood that the robot's arms were like his).  The robot's birthday is January 17th and he sometimes electrocutes himself but he can repair himself even when he's electrocuted.

Daniel is a little less forthcoming with the stories of his artwork, but he was very clear about this and the next one.  This is a painting he did of himself.


And this is a picture of his big brother, James.  He thinks about James a lot.  The other night I was trying to ask him what he wanted for Christmas.  He thought about it for a minute and then told me, "Daddy?  I want four presents.  And James will have six presents."  I assume the numbers are to correspond to their ages.

Finally, unrelated, but posting because it happened today, the boys helping Mama out in the kitchen baking Mrs. Peters' Birthday Cake.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers