Musical Beds

It was a rough night.  James had a bad dream about something and when he came into our room he was extremely upset about there being "missing pieces".  We told him we would find them in the morning and that was a no-go, so I asked him if he wanted me to go find the missing pieces now and that wasn't a good option either.  Eventually he did fall asleep again, but only after Christine ceded her side of the bed to him and went to sleep in his room.

But at 4am Daniel woke up very upset.  He made enough noise that he woke me up and I met him in the hallway before he got into our room.  I'd forgotten it was only James and I in bed at the time, but I remembered James was there and I wasn't thinking four of us would make for a good few more hours of sleep.

It didn't take very long to get Daniel settled again, he was asleep again by about quarter past, but then I remembered that now James was the only one sleeping in a room with actual alarm clocks set.  So back up, I chased Christine back into our bed and I went back to sleep with Daniel.  I'm pretty sure I got another solid two hours, so that at least took the edge off this morning.

That was really nice, that Daniel thinks I'm an acceptable source of comfort.  Lots of times nobody but Mama will do, so this is a treat.

When we were getting out of the car at Lynne's, though, was by far the highlight.  Daniel normally explodes out of his seat as soon as the seatbelts are off, but today he stopped and started pointing.
"Daddy?" 
"Yes, Daniel?" 
"See birds!"
And, indeed, he was pointing up at birds flying by.  I don't know why, but I love that he's starting to show me stuff and that he's connecting words more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers