Swimming Camp

Yesterday was James first day at his summer swimming camp.  We were both more than a little concerned about how well he would do with it because it requires a significant amount of independence and the regular message we had been getting from school (and what we observe ourselves, obviously) is that he's easily distracted, hears fine but doesn't listen well and generally has no problem doing whatever the heck he feels like doing when he feels like it, rather than working with someone else's schedule.

Contrast that with what happened when he came home from his first day at camp yesterday.  He did great, the councillors said he did really well with paying attention and following direction and that he was swimming at an intermediate level.  More importantly, though, he absolutely loved it.  I asked him if he had a good time at camp and he replied.

"No, no!  I had an AWESOME time!  I love swimming camp thiiiiiiiis much."

While holding his arms as wide as he could make them.  We knew he would have fun, but this is like winning the lottery.

Update:  I picked up James today and on our way back to the car I asked him if he had fun at camp today.

"Yeah.  ... Yeah, I had even more fun than yesterday!  Yesterday I was a bit shy."

I'm highly confident someone told him that last part today.  Guess he's warning up to everyone there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers