Try to not get ahead of me on this.

Yesterday I got up with the boys, we had a quick breakfast, then made for the Agriculture Museum at the experimental farm.

We were there a little over two hours, but never made it off the play structure, which isn't all that usual.  It's a very nice structure.  There's several slides, a net-bridge, all kinds of ramps and steps and catwalks and such, all barn-themed, of course.

The hit this time, though, was the silo, which happens to have hand and foot holds cut into one side so kids can climb up in the interior.  The boys moved in and basically didn't want to move out for much of the time we were there.  Although, to be fair, right now Daniel wants to do whatever James wants to do 90% of the time, no matter what it is James wants to do.  But James was sold on the silo being fun, so Daniel was too.

They were pretending it was the tower from Paw Patrol for a lot of the time.  The cows in the barn were being very loud, so they were pretending to be the pups and they had to go rescue some escaped cows.

After a while, though, they switched to pretending the silo was actually a shower and they were both Pato from Pocoyo.  They were having a great time turning around and around in the tower screaming "Quaaaaaaack, quaaaaaaaack, quaaaaaaaaaack!"

You'll probably need to see the relevant part of the episode in question for this to make any sense at all.  Just me, ten seconds of that link and you'll get it.

Anyway, here are the little ducks getting a shower.


Eventually, of course, they decided I should be Pato as well and join them.  And we should take a photo and send it to mama.  You know I'm not going to say no to that.


I did try to talk them out of the silo, though, when other kids were obviously kind of put off that it was being monopolised by these two deranged ducks.  One little girl in particular, probably a little younger than Daniel, but it's tough to tell, was hovering outside, obviously unsure of what to do.

I started walking over thinking I would talk the guys out of the silo with offers of some other part of the play structure when I heard the little girl's mom telling her that when the boys were done she could play with the silo.

Before I could say anything James announced:  "It's not a silo!  It's a shower!  We're Pato!  Come in, come in!"

I was amazed that he was inviting the other kid to play with him and Daniel and didn't have anything to say, though I was standing beside the mother at this point.  It's just really rare to see James reaching out to other kids and asking them to join his games, so I was curious to see where this would go.

It went somewhere awesome.  This is as close to an exact quote as I can manage:
Olivia's Mom:  Oh, that's nice!  Olivia, do you want to join the boys in the –
And then she stopped, blushed and laughed all in an instant.
Olivia's Mom (turning to me):  Oh that was going to sound really bad!

Comments

  1. lol you are welcome for paw patrol. now what can i introduce them to next visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know who's responsible for Paw Patrol entering our house, don't worry. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers