Better Than TV

For Christmas this year Mamoo gave Christine (and, as we'll see in a minute, the boys) a bird-feeder.  We used to have one in our old place and I liked it, but not long before we moved it suffered a catastrophic failure and it made a rapid descent two stories to the concrete patio below.  The patio was fine.

Last week I picked up a 91" shepherd's hook that had a lot of positive reviews around the subject of using it as a bird-feeder hanging device.  It arrived on Thursday and yesterday I enlisted James and Daniel's assistance in setting up the hook and feeder.  James and I went out first thing in the morning and picked out the food we would put in it.  James only wanted to pick food that had pictures of cardinals on the front, which was fine with me because I want to attract cardinals again, we used to have a couple in our backyard but I didn't see them last year; plenty in the neighbourhood, though.  Anyway, we got back, both boys helped me set it up and then I told them we should go back inside and wait for the birds to find it.

Christine and I were puttering around the kitchen ‐ she getting ready for her breast-cancer bonspiel, me getting ready for a day of just us boys hanging out ‐ when I noticed this:


I suspect James set up the first chair and sat down to wait and then Daniel would've followed suit, but since we didn't see it happen, we don't really know who came up with the idea of waiting.

No cardinals yet but at one point we had six starlings in the yard all checking it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers