Kids just don't get the "How're you?", "Good, good, thanks." social contract.

This one is by request.



James and I were out on a supply run yesterday.  Drug store for toothpaste and the like.  It wasn't too busy with the Christmas Shopping Living Dead yet so I was doing okay.  At the check-out the cashier was positively sunny:
Cashier:  Hi guys! How are you doing? 
James:  <mumble mumble>
Cashier looks curiously at me and I shrug.  So she tries again.
Cashier:  How are you guys doing?
James:  <mumble mumble mumble>
She gives me another look and I smile at her to give her a bit of encouragement, so she gives it one more try.
Cashier:  Are you guys having a good day? 
James (brightly):  On Saturday my butt threw up!
You can probably figure out the context.  I'm going to leave it like I left that other one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers