What's "liveable" mean?

It's a really small one, but it made me smile again when I thought of it a few minutes ago.

We were outside, the boys were playing in the snow after I'd finished shovelling the walk and James somehow got on to asking about the size of our house.  I said it was two stories tall.  To which James replied, "Or maybe three stories!"  I responded that, well, there was a layer above our upstairs but it was the attic and since it wasn't liveable space we don't count it.
James:  What's liveable space? 
Me:  Parts of the house that we live in. 
James:  What lives in the attic? 
Me:  Nothing, bud.  Well, probably some spiders, but that's about it. 
James:  AH! My favourite animal!

I feel like for all my mistakes I'm doing at least something right.

Finally, here's a decoration he made in school that I've hung up over my desk.  The spider part never stops moving, thanks to the air currents in the office.  It's awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss Monster Sookie

Robocallers